- 2 pounds thresher shark, cut into four 8 ounces pieces
- 6 ounces orange juice
- 2 bunches fresh spinach, trimmed and washed
- 1 pound red garnet yams, peeled and sliced into disks, about 1/4-inch thick
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Spicy Tangerine Marinade (see recipe below)
How to cook Thresher Shark in Spicy Tangerine Marinade:
- Prepare the Spicy Tangerine marinade. Marinate thresher shark Spicy Tangerine marinade for at least 2 hours.
- Cook Thresher Shark on preheated barbecue grill for about 5 minutes per side. Place the remaining marinade in a small sauce pan, add orange juice and place on the grill, cook until it comes to a boil, set aside.
- Season Red Garnet Yams with Kosher Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper, and grill for about 3 minutes per side or until tender.
- Divide fresh Spinach evenly on four plates. Place the grilled thresher shark and yams on the spinach and top with the Spicy Tangerine Sauce.
Spicy Tangerine Marinade Recipe
Spicy Tangerine Marinade Ingredients:
- 1 tablespoon grated tangerine or orange zest
- 1 tablespoon thin soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or Chinese rice wine
- 1 tablespoon flavorless cooking oil
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce
How to cook Spicy Tangerine Marinade:
This recipe for Thresher Shark in Spicy Tangerine Marinade serves/makes: 4