Spinach Salad With Grilled Apple Cured Bacon Wrapped Sea Scallop
I cobbled this salad together one summer evening, while sipping on some chardonay in the kitchen. It was so easy and good that now it’s one of our summer staples. I’ve tried this in many different variations, substituting ingredients like Blue Chees instead of Feta, Marinating and pan searing, the scallops in reserved bacon fat and Olive Oil, making my own jumbo crutons. No matter how I vary it, the combo of Warm Bacon, Scallops and eggs over spinach salad is just delicious.
BBQ Curried Scallops in Shell
A slightly different way to cook curried scallops on a barbecue grill plate. The curry paste can be made before hand so they can be quickly slapped on the BBQ at your next get together. They were quite hot with the home-made curry powder I used but are made for a side dish of only one or two each scallops. Besides you should never be having a BBQ without a cold beer in hand!
Amish Clam Stew Recipe
- 12 clams or 2 (8-ounce) cans of clams, chopped
- 4 potatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 quart milk
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, diced
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups water
How to cook Amish Clam Stew:
- Melt butter or margarine; saute onion and celery until soft but not brown.
- Add potatoes and salt. Cover with 2 cups of water. Simmer until soft.
- Add clams with their juices and cook an additional 10 minutes. Stir in the flour.
- Gradually add milk and cook slowly until mixture thickens.
- Stir in eggs just before serving.
The Amish Clam Stew is a very affordable dish. This recipe is delicious, simple, and really easy to cook.
The Amish are a religious group who live in settlements in 22 of the United States and Ontario, Canada. The oldest group of “Old Order Amish,” about 16-18,000 people live in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania.
This recipe for Amish Clam Stew serves/makes: 6